Donate and Support
The Trust’s work is an expensive business. Whilst we receive money from government agencies to manage and maintain some of our sites, much of the work of the Trust, especially the education programme and our support for other groups within Cornwall, is paid from subscriptions, donations and some generous legacies.
It is easy to donate online but if you prefer to use the post please send your cheque/payment details, name and address to Cornwall Heritage Trust, 5, Kerns House, Threemilestone Industrial Estate, Truro, Cornwall, TR4 9LD
We are really grateful for your support.
Whether you want to make a one-off donation or sign up to donate on a regular basis. We use PayPal to handle our online donations so it is faster, easier and safer for you.
Give in your Will
Once you have thought about your friends and family, leaving a gift in your will can create a lasting legacy for future generations in Cornwall.
We rely on voluntary donations to fund the work that we do. Legacies form a vital contribution to ensure that we can continue to preserve and strengthen Cornish heritage.
Here are some examples of how your gift could help us:
• Provide funding for an iconic heritage site to be professionally managed
• Provide workshops for young children to understand why they should appreciate and protect the place in which they live.
• Provide bursaries to fund research into Cornwall’s unique past.
• Provide funding to restore and protect artworks and documents
Why make a Will?
Making a will is something that most of us put off doing; it seems complicated or we are too young, or we can do it tomorrow. But if we want to be sure on how our money and possessions are distributed when we die, then it is vital to make one – for our own sakes and for our family and friends.
Writing your Will?
You can write your will yourself, but as it is a legally binding document we would recommend using a professional service to assist you through what can be a complex process. In addition to drafting your will, a qualified lawyer will also be able to advise you on ways to reduce your inheritance tax liability – for instance, by making gifts in your lifetime and donations to tax-exempt charities and trusts.
Choosing to leave a gift in your Will for a charity is something that can very personal to you and so you may wish to keep this private, although it is always lovely to hear from our supporters. If you would like to talk about how your gift could help then please do get in touch.
Give in Memory
A special way of remembering a loved one can be to raise money in memory of their life. It can also provide a comfort to those who know that their donations are going to help protect the Cornwall they loved.
Donations in lieu of flowers
You may wish to ask people attending the funeral or remembrance service to make donations to charity instead of bringing flowers.
If you would like to make a one off donation to Cornwall Heritage Trust or if you have collected donations from others in memory of a loved one, then we are able to accept these by either cheque or you can donate online via our website.
Please call the office or send an email to discuss the best option for you.
Trusts and Foundations
If you are involved with a Trust or Foundation and feel able to consider supporting Cornwall Heritage Trust, please do get in touch and we will be delighted to provide more information about our charity and further information about current projects.
To give you a flavour, here are just some of the areas of our work that you could help fund:
• Preservation of iconic Cornish heritage sites
• Grants to heritage projects across Cornwall
• Transport for schools to visit heritage sites in Cornwall
• Heritage workshops in primary schools around Cornwall – helping to create a new generation that will carry on the essential work
• Development of online resources for teachers and children
• Community outreach programmes, particularly in areas of deprivation
To read more about our work, see What We Do
If you choose to support Cornwall Heritage Trust, we will:
• Send you regular updates about the progress of our work and feedback from the projects you are supporting.
• Offer you opportunities to see our work in action and meet the team.
• Acknowledge your support in our annual review and on our website, if you would like us to.
We would love to hear from you. To talk more about how your donation would make a difference please contact the team on 01872 224014. You can also download the most recent copy of our annual review .