Apply For A Bursary
Supporting Cornish Potential
Every year Cornwall Heritage Trust awards grants to post-graduate students at The Institute of Cornish Studies, University of Exeter to assist in study costs for one or more students producing a dissertation/thesis centred on any aspect of Cornwall’s Heritage.
The Trust sets aside a small budget each year for this purpose. We define the idea of heritage very broadly, to include all aspects of human experience in Cornwall over the centuries.
In recent years, through this scheme, we have supported a number of archaeological surveys and excavations as well as dissertations on other topics as diverse as the History of Cornish Rugby to the impact of Cornwall’s mining heritage on modern life in the Duchy.
Whilst we cannot always guarantee to support such work, if you have a project in mind it is certainly worth getting in touch with the Trust to see if we can help.
The decision of the Trustees is final.
Application For Financial Support
1. Cornwall Heritage Trust (CHT) may give financial support to post-graduates whose study links to the objectives of CHT. CHT encourages the education of the general public, especially the people of Cornwall, in Cornwall’s heritage and the importance of its preservation for future generations.
2. Bids must be able to show that grants will go to support project work.
3. CHT’s ability to give support depends on the funds that it has at its disposal at any one time and the extent to which the application meets the criteria set out in the Trust’s Articles.
4. In return for a grant, Cornwall Heritage Trust expects the following:
- The name and logo of CHT must appear on project-related publications.
- There is other public acknowledgment of the support CHT has given, eg in the acknowledgments of any written work.
- CHT must receive an article (including pictures if possible) for the newsletter and website.
5. We keep a record of grant applications over the year, and we record for Trustees those which have and have not been successful to provide a broad picture. We consider all applications for grants.
6. Make your request concise. Include further details as necessary as an addendum by uploading a supporting file as a Word, pdf or other suitable file type. Please complete all sections.