Cornwall Heritage Trust – Membership Policy
This policy is designed to lay out the terms and conditions associated with membership of Cornwall Heritage Trust. We hope that all of our members enjoy being associated with CHT and we are very grateful for their support, which helps us to carry out our work to preserve and strengthen Cornwall’s heritage.
Applying for membership of CHT means you are automatically agreeing to the Terms & Conditions contained within this document as well as those listed at the end.
Type of membership
There are seven classes of membership:
- Family – includes two adults and up to 12 children (under the age of 18)
- Joint – includes two adults
- Senior – aged 65 or over
- Life – one adult or child
Membership is not transferrable.
- Your membership is valid for twelve consecutive months from the date of purchase, any cancellation during this period will not be entitled to a refund; similarly if you are unable to use your membership during this period no extensions will be offered nor refunds made. Your membership subscription will continue to be payable in full
- Memberships purchased as gifts are valid for twelve months unless they are a Life Membership
- If you are a Life Member the term of your membership is for “life” and only ends when you die or you write to us resigning your membership
- Membership is not transferrable
Membership Application Process
- Membership may be purchased online via our website or by applying in person
- Your membership is considered to be active as soon as you receive your proof of purchase/ confirmation of membership (online) or membership pack (in person)
- Everyone will receive a membership pack in the post which will contain a membership card
- It may take up to two weeks to process membership packs
- When writing to joint members we will correspond with the first member’s address
- Should you wish to make use of the discounted or free entry deals associated with your membership before your membership pack and card arrives you may do so by showing proof of purchase at your chosen destination. Further details on how to do this may be found here.
- CHT reserves the right to refuse any application for membership and the right to not fulfil or cancel a membership which is found to be in breach of the conditions described in this document
- You will need to take your membership card with you if you wish to use the discounted/ free entry deals at our associate organisations’ sites and attractions
- If you lose your membership card we will replace the first one free of charge, after which you will be charged for the card plus postage
- Life Members will receive a membership card without a renewal date. This will be updated but not necessarily annually
We are a charity and are very grateful that by becoming a member you are able to support our work to preserve and strengthen Cornwall’s unique heritage. There are a number of benefits associated with being a member of the Trust which include:
- Two newsletters per year updating you with our events, activities and projects
- An Annual Review
- Monthly eNewsletters
- Discounted and free entry to heritage sites and attractions managed by other organisations
- Occasional events and activities which may be offered exclusively to members, or to which they receive priority access to tickets
CHT reserves the right to change the benefits that apply to Trust Membership or the properties to which access can be taken at any time and without prior notice. Where possible, changes to benefits will be published on the Trust’s website.
- Membership fees are valid for a one-year subscription, unless Life membership has been purchased
- CHT reserves the right to increase the price of membership annually and will advise of any change through the annual renewal letter and the terms on the website
- Renewal reminders are sent by email or post a month before the renewal date
- If you pay by standing order you will receive a new membership card within two weeks of us receiving the payment
- UK tax payers may choose to provide a Gift Aid Declaration allowing CHT to claim 25p for every £1 donated. Gift Aid is reclaimed from the tax that you pay for the current tax year
- You will be asked to confirm that you are a UK Tax payer and understand that if you pay less income tax and/or Capital Gains Tax than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all your donations in that tax year it is your responsibility to pay the difference
- You also agree to notify CHT if you want to cancel this declaration or if you change your name or home address, or if you no longer pay sufficient tax on your income/capital gains
- Gift Aid is claimed directly from HMRC and no refunds may be made
Events and exceptions
- From time to time we may offer “member-only” events or activities or priority booking for events. Once the allocation of places or tickets has been reached for each event the offer will be closed
- There is no guarantee of an invitation or ticket to events organised by CHT
- Being a member does not guarantee you entry to sites owned by our associate organisations, the usual booking procedures and terms & conditions apply. It also does not entitle you to free or discounted entry to ticketed or special events
- Special event days organised by associated organisations may not be included in the free or discounted entry deals – please check before you book or visit
- If you applied for CHT membership online or by telephone you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days of the date of application and you will receive a refund of membership fees paid as long as you notify us of your decision with 14 days and return your membership cards and pack to us within 21 days – no refund will be made without the return of these items
- No refunds will be given for memberships bought via third parties, or for any redeemed Gift Memberships
- No refund will be given if the membership has been used to access special offers or discounted/ free access deals to sites or events run by CHT or its associates
- Life Memberships are not refundable after the 14 day period has elapsed
- To request a refund please email or telephone us within 14 days of purchase. No refunds will be issued after this time.
More information on our Refunds Policy may be found here
Cornwall Heritage Trust reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time.