Join a supportive team and make new friends, make a difference to your local heritage, share your knowledge and experience, and learn and develop new skills and interests. Just a few reasons to become a volunteer with the Cornwall Heritage Trust!
Whether it’s leading guided walks, helping at events, conserving our sites or conducting heritage research, there are lots of ways to volunteer at CHT.
We greatly appreciate the contribution volunteers make and want to encourage more people to volunteer with us by:
- Providing a welcoming and inclusive environment with meaningful and engaging volunteer opportunities to suit all abilities
- Ensuring volunteers feel valued and recognised for their work with us
- Supporting our volunteers by providing training and learning opportunities and putting their experience and skills to good use to support Cornish Heritage
How you can volunteer?
- Research Projects – conduct heritage research, write articles, edit newsletters
- Practical conservation – conserving and maintaining our sites, clearance, archaeological digs, repairs and building
- Behind the scenes/office – administrative assistance, cataloguing images, special projects, work placements
- Heritage learning – lead guided walk/tours on sites, lead family activities at events, secure speakers for Story Cafés
- Event and community engagement support – help at CHT events, give talks to community groups, display posters and deliver newsletters
- Photography, film, media and technical assistance – take photos and videos of sites and events, operate AV equipment, and produce podcasts or videos.
Volunteer roles are organised in response to a specific need to support a project or as ongoing support for our team.